Оригинал: STORY DEVELOPMENT of Skills and Know-how
Think about something that has happened recently that you feel good about. It does not have to be a big event, and for the purposes of this exercise, a small starting point is best. Describe the situation to you partner using the following questions:
- When was is, where was is, who else was involved, what happened? Describe this in some detail e.g. what was the weather like that day, was it hot or cold? What were you wearing? What were your surroundings like, was it inside or outside? Were there particular smells you remember?
- What might have led up to this event… in what ways might you have taken steps to get yourself ready to do what you did?
- How did you know how to do what you did? Is this a skill or know-how that you have had for a long time or is it a recent development?
- What happened as a result of what you did? What were the consequences of taking this action?
- What effect did you doing what you did have on the others that were involved?
- What effect did it have on your sense of yourself?
- What would you say was the theme of what you were wanting in taking this action? What might have been some of your intentions here?
- What does this reflect about what you were giving priority to in this experience? What are some of the beliefs about life that you are giving importance to here?
- Is there an image or a metaphor that captures some of these beliefs that are of importance to you?
- What other thing might you have been doing that fit with this theme of__________________?
- Who else knows about the importance of these things to you?
- What stories could they tell about you in relation to this?
- You chose this as something that you felt good about, can you tell me a bit more about the actual feeling of feeling good – what words would you use to describe this good feeling that you had?
- Where in your body did you experience the _____________________________ feeling?
- Does an image come to mind of what this feeling represents for you? This might be a visual image or a word image.
- Can you think of other times when you have experienced this feeling? What was happening then that had you having this feeling of_______________________________
- What has it been like to reflect on your experience in this way? What possibilities might come from this reflection?